Advanced Search Suggests Settings
After successful installation of Magento Advanced Search Suggests extension go to “System >> Configuration” in left menu you will see ‘Advanced Search Suggests’ tab under ‘Extensions Mall’ group.
Magento Advanced Search Suggests settings are divided into three groups:
General and Wrapper Style Settings
In this section are settings related to visual style of wrapper container, you can set border color, border width and background hover color. All color related settings use color picker tool for easier and more precise input.
Suggested Terms Section
- Suggested Terms Section starts with ‘Enable’ setting that will allow you to enable/disable complete section.
- ‘Highlight Search’ option allows you to highlight in real time typed search and matching suggested term, it is useful tool that helps customers to avoid typing errors.
- Other settings are related to visual style of block and allow you to setup ‘Background Color’, ‘Suggested Terms Color’ and ‘Count Color’.
- Additional style modifications can be done in CSS file or directly in template file using inline CSS rules.
Suggested Products Section
- Suggested Products Section starts with ‘Enable’ setting that will allow you to enable/disable complete block.
- ‘Number of Displayed Products’ will determine number of product that will be displayed in advanced search field.
- ‘Show Product Name’ allow you to show/hide product name which is also link to product details page.
- ‘Show Product Description’ allow you to show/hide product description and ‘Number of characters for Product description’ allow you to control length of text with number of characters.
- ‘Show ‘Add to Cart’ Button’ enables option to directly buy item from search form, in case that product is configurable instead ‘Add to Cart’ button ‘Configure Product’ link will be displayed.
- ‘Show Product Price’ will display base product price, ‘Add to Cart’ option must be enabled.
- ‘Show Product Image’ will display base product image, with ‘Thumbnail width/height’ options you can set image dimension.
- Other settings are related to visual settings and allow you to set color and border for product title, description and image border.